I've created a 'kit' which is being sent out to a range of people which consist of paper, tracing paper, a black felt tip and a list of questions. At the moment I've selected 10 people of all ages and career paths and they will be drawing responses to the questions and hopefully giving me a written response as well.
The questions are as follows:
- Describe your home – what does it look like?
- How are you cooking your dinner?
- How are you watching television?
- What is your mode of transport and where do you keep it?
- What are you/your children playing with?
- Describe your garden/outdoor space.
- What is the year 2500 like to live in?
- What can you see from your window?
Whatever I get back from these 10 people will hopefully give me the grounds to start developing some interesting ideas. I'm hoping that I can take their drawings and create 'blueprints' for each response. Where it goes from here will be decided upon once I receive the drawings. I might directly use their ideas, take inspiration from their drawings or even improve upon their drawings.
Where it goes from here all depends upon the feedback from each person!