Monday 30 October 2017

Project Update #2 | Minor Project | Year 3

I’ve finally received some drawings back from people. I’ll be scanning them in before I start on the next stage. The plan is to directly lift peoples drawings and make them into little animated sequences. A lot of the drawings and ideas that people have given me all seem to running theme. In the future, people seem to believe that the earth will be uninhabitable to some extent and that technology will have reached a peak that I think will happen in the not too distant future. I’m not sure where people have gotten these same ideas from. Maybe its an inbuilt fear but it has produced a selection of drawings that all fit in within the same world.

I will also be producing some text ‘animations’ from peoples annotations of the drawings to feature along side each drawing that I use. I’m not sure how many to feature yet but it’s very likely that I’ll take 1 or 2 drawings from each person as a few do overlap or have the same underlaying themes. 

Plan for this project is as follows:

  • Scan drawings
  • Edit them into a consistent format for all
  • Start an Art Of layout to showcase peoples work
  • Experiment with text effect in Adobe After Effects
  • Find videos of/about the future for inspiration
  • Create a colour board. (This will be for the art of and in case I decide to colour the drawings as they are currently only black line drawings)


1 comment: