Monday 13 November 2017

Maya Experimentation | Maya | Minor Project | Year 3

I've begun to take peoples drawings and convert them into basic Maya models. This is not only to get the shapes right and to start getting a range of them converted but to allow me to experiment with textures and lighting techniques.


The plastic cup is a brilliant example. Just by adding a realistic glass/plastic texture to the piece, it really adds a new dimension. I also want to find a way to add a black outline over the piece to tie it to the original drawings. If possible I'm hoping to use the original drawing over the top but I'm not sure how easy this would be.


This is the latest drawing that I'm experimenting with. The basic shape of the 'sky domes' have been translated and the basic textures added. The sky domes are now glass and the posts have been given a generic texture for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment